Prenuptial Agreements in Florida
Let Our Dayton Beach Divorce Lawyer Help You
When a couple exchanges wedding vows and gets married, they hope their
union will last forever. However, approximately half of all marriages
in the United States end in divorce, which is why it is imperative to
draft a prenuptial agreement to protect your assets.
Stepniak & Park, we offer our hands-on, personalized legal services for those interested
in creating a prenuptial agreement. With more than 35 years of experience, our
Dayton Beach family law attorney has an extensive knowledge of Florida law to guide you through the intricacies
drafting an effective agreement. Let us protect your rights and best interests
Benefits of a Prenuptial Agreement
A prenuptial agreement is an agreement between prospective spouses made
in contemplation of marriage. Prenups control the division of property,
such as homes, motor vehicles, retirement accounts, and even stock options.
They must be finalized before a marriage occurs and become effective as
soon as the parties are legally married.
The following are the advantages of a prenuptial agreement in Florida:
- Protects your financial stability
- Protects your children’s financial future, especially if you are
entering a second marriage
- Protects you from a spouse with ulterior motives
- Determines what is considered community and separate property
- Protects your business from becoming community property, if you are a small
- Protects you from having to share debts, especially if your spouse has
more debt than you
- Reduces conflicts during a divorce
- Establishes rules and procedures for financial issues which may arise in
Call (386) 868-4771 for Experienced Legal Assistance Today
Unfortunately, there is no simple way to bring about the topic of a prenuptial
agreement to your significant other. While it is not considered romantic,
discussing financial matters early in your relationship can make it even
stronger and help establish a healthy communication in your marriage.
Contact us and request a
free consultation today.